Copyright (C) 2006-8 John Murga
Download Here - Documentation Here
on (2nd April 2007), please visit for announcements.
If you find murgaLua useful please post your experiences in the forum.
(or send me an e-mail)
of February of 2008
The first FULL release for 2008 ... Special thanks to mikshaw and Tobi for their contributions.
- Fixed a few regressions present in the 0.6.0 preview release.
- Upgraded Lua to the latest 5.1.3 core build.
- More FLTK bug fixes and binding corrections (read_image, FL_Browser improvements).
- Implemented some customizations to FLTK that allow for image saving and bulk loading.
- Implemented the FLTK off-screen API as new (and more reliable) object.
- Additional functions for FLTK event debugging, menu handling and data association.
- Integrated gzip, zlib and random number api's as well as some other functions.
- Tweaks to some existing code stemming from contributions on the forum.
- Bundled mikshaw's widgets demo as well as Tobi's converter and the Nanoki lua Wiki.
- Minor updates to the documentation.
of January of 2008
More of a maintenance release with several upgrades and bug-fixes.
- MurgaLua compiler beta (see COMPILER-LICENCE for terms of
- FLTK bug fixes, binding corrections and upgrade to build
- Lots of build tweaks for all platforms (in terms of size,
- Upgrades to luasocket, copas, luafilesystem and lsqlite.
- Integrated md5, and added a couple of HEX encoding functions.
- Minor updates to the documentation.
- Added a few additional methods to the FLTK binding
of July of 2007
A consolidation of the 5.5 features plus some API changes and new
- MAJOR changes to the XML API and addition of the lua-iostring
- Fl_Text_Buffer, Fl_Text_Display, Fl_Text_Editor are back
and they work now (!).
- Decent database example and documention for sqLite usage
(Uses Fl_Text_* too!).
- Fixed some build, FLTK issues and misc warnings (fl_ask has
- Started re-structuring examples and documentation.
- Also integrated Copas, LuaLzo
- LuaFileSystem now takes over from the previous murgaLua
will cause compability issues, but I wanted to standardize on
of June of 2007
PREVIEW release that only went out to the forum
- New function "murgaLua.createFltkTimer()" - GREAT for
really responsive animation and stuff.
- New function "murgaLua.getHostOsName()" returns one of
"linux", "windows" or "macos".
- New function "murgaLua.sleep(miliseconds)" (reliable system
- Fixed a few minor FLTK issues.
- XML api additions (will document later).
- convertFluidToMurguaLua fixes based on forum feedback.
of May of 2007
Patch release to tidy up the 0.4 release and provide MacOS support out
of the box again.
- Lua core upgraded to 5.1.2, this fixes several Lua specific
- MacOs-Intel binaries are now included with the distribution.
(Thanks to the guys over at http://www.igame3d.com/).
- Fixed a build issue that ment that some things like
"io.popen" where not available.
- Fixed a couple of inconsistencies in the code and build
- Some tweaks to the docs too :-)
of April of 2007
Mainly a bugfix release although it contains a few interesting
Coincides with the relocation of the web-site and the opening of a
- Added two new utility functions to the "murgaLua" library
(printDebug and filterTable).
- Added more examples for multi-line edit boxes, menus, XML,
and a few other things.
- Further improved the build process (specially for Win32)
and re-built against latest APIs.
- Fl_Text_Buffer, Fl_Text_Display and Fl_Text_Editor are now
officially not supported.
(There are pretty
bloaty and hard to use, see the multi-line example for fairly good
- Fixed convertFluidToMurgaLua.sh and added
convertFluidToMurgaLua.lua (by Markku Kotiaho).
(Thanks to Markku
Windows users without MingW/Cygwin can now convert Fluid generated UIs).
- Fixed a few more FLTK bugs.
- Thanks to Jeff Campbell for his boundless support.
of January of 2007
The first public release since murgaLua 0.1.
Incorporates many separate improvements I have been able to make during
the course of my travels.
- Revamped the XML API to provide more complete capabilities.
- Further improved the build process for multiple platforms.
- Upgraded the SQL API to sqlite 3 (dynamically linked on
- Created more examples and tests.
- Fixed some FLTK bugs.
Was created at a time when I was unable to update the documentation to
reflect the changes.
- Many changes and fixes to the build process.
- Thanks to Mike Butler, he got murgaLua working on the Mac.
- Thanks to mikshaw (from the DammSmall forum), who came up
with some good examples.
of July 2006